Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Life and LInk Love

My kids are finally almost all better. Baby H got it last, and he seems to still have residual tummy ickiness.  Normally, I could totally deal with stuff like this. I'm not one to lose my patience too easily. But, when you're running on 10 hours of sleep in 3 days, patience is in low supply. And anyone who has ever been sleep deprived knows that it's always worse in the night.

Not gonna lie: I cried. In desperation. Totally lost it last night around 2 AM.  My poor hubby, being used to these ridiculous moments of mine, got out of bed and gave me a reprieve from the awake, cranky baby.   Later in the night, H amazingly slept for 2 hours straight. Doesn't sound like much, but a good 2 hour stretch on NO sleep feels like alot. Am I right, moms?

Now that all the kids are better, I'm hoping to be able to sew more this week for the shop.  I have a bag in the works. A new design for a smallish, mediumish sturdy handbag with a magnetic or snap closure. I'll post it as soon as it's done. Is it silly that I get really excited about creating something new? I dont think so! I like using my hands to make pretty things.

Just before all the kids got sick, we celebrated hubby's grandma's 90th birthday. 90! For real! And she's still a spit-fire.   She recently fell  (i know, not funny), and had to go to the doc.  The doc said "Rose, have you thought about getting a walker?" Her words exactly:   "What?! No way. Not yet."    Ha! Grandma, you're 90! When is 'yet'? She is so awesome. And she loves the Lord lots, and has been through many hard things in her long life. She is so gracious and loving, you'd never know she's had it hard.  Pray for her though. She has lymphoma and we'd love for God to heal her.  

God's really been working on my heart lately in regards to anxiety, or maybe the better word is just "highstrungness". (In the words of my sister: its a word if I say it is.) I haven't been an entirely anxious person in the past, but definitely more uptight than I want to be.  When I had my 1st baby, I was very schedule oriented, worried, and paranoid. (Looking back, I can see this. If you'd told me then, I would have smacked you.) Thankfully, with baby 2, 3 and now 4,  I've loosened up quite a bit. When things get spilled, kids get hurt, messes are made, or schedules are thrown off, I am trying to keep it in perspective and enjoy the humor in the moment.   At the end of the day, I'm going to try to make a list of some of the things that went wrong.  When you do this, you can look back and see that most of them were SO small, totally not a big deal, and you can laugh about it. Ex. 'dropped toothbrush in toilet, Bell spilled cereal all over the floor, Ash late for preschool'. All of those = NOT A BIG DEAL. So relax, would ya?! And besides, He tells us to cast all our cares upon Him, for He cares for us.

My note to self: Worrying, stressing and being upset in general are all complete wastes of time.  It sounds cliche´ but it's true: life is too short to spend it worrying. And our kids are only little for so long. Why would I waste this precious time 'crying over spilled milk'?!

And in the spirit of living in the moment, I went and got a spur of the moment hair cut! I really needed it.  I kept getting spit up in my hair. Here's the new do. I'm liking it. It's easy. A wash and wear kinda deal.


And as promised, a little link love. I just discovered this free online magazine called 'Adore'. It's a home design magazine, and I am in love. If you've ever wondered what my decorating style is (I know, you've all been thinking about my decorating style and are just dying to know!), it's this.  Go check it out!  And just for fun, below is a picture of one of my favorite shots from the magazine. 
I just love the bright floral carpet and the contrast with the white desk. I'm a sucker for some bright  colors!
Thanks for checking in today.  If I'm not in too much a stupor today, I may just do a little sewing. Much love to you all!

7 comments:

Lora said...

oh, i'm sorry, my sweet friend! i know how hard it's been for you lately. i am SO PROUD of you!! you are doing amazing! and i will continue to keep praying for rest, healing, and grace for you and your whole family. love you!
lora

Anonymous said...

your so amazing! such an inspiration!! The Lord just worked on that same thing with me, anxiety and worry, and fear!! Learned a lot and increased my FAITH so much!! Praying for you girl!! your such an amazing woman and mother!! Blessings,
Stephanie k.

Anonymous said...

jenn you are my hero. i think your next sewing project should be a super hero cape for yourself. :) i love u. Rach

sandandstarfish said...

I LOVE your hair :) I do I do I do!! It's exactly how I wanted mine to look when I cut it... but it looked anywhere near as good on me as it does on you!!
Thanks for the advice on worrying/stressing/anxiety... I suffer from all 3 and it's not always easy to take a second to stop and realize that life is so much more than those things! As I pray for my troubles to cease, you'll be in my prayers as well!

sandandstarfish said...

I LOVE your hair :) I do I do I do!! It's exactly how I wanted mine to look when I cut it... but it looked anywhere near as good on me as it does on you!!
Thanks for the advice on worrying/stressing/anxiety... I suffer from all 3 and it's not always easy to take a second to stop and realize that life is so much more than those things! As I pray for my troubles to cease, you'll be in my prayers as well!

susanna said...

love the hair!! super cute...and AMEN to two straight hours of sleep!! wooot woot! love you girl.

Lora said...

i LOVE your new hairdo - you're such a babe!