Thursday, August 18, 2011

So so so ready...


I am so jealous of all of my friends in the south. Their kids started school yesterday....mine don't go back for another 3 weeks! Will we make it?!!

Well of course we will, but it seems so far away. We don't spend a ton of time outside right now due to the  two pitbulls that moved in on either side of us (Sorry if you own one. I hate them. Like, hate. With a fiery passion.), and we're waiting for our backyard fence to be finished getting installed.  It's going to be a beautiful thing. I can't WAIT!
But wait we must.
So, we'll be doing some fun things to keep busy! I've been looking up some fun ideas for us to do, and thought I'd share some of the inspiration. For all you moms out there who are looking for ways to fill up the last few weeks of summer, here ya go!

DIY Window Paints at Modern Parents, Messy Kids
Tissue Paper pom-poms by Martha Stewart (I know this is a stupid idea since all the tiny pieces of tissue paper will end up on every surface of my home within minutes, but it'll keep them happy, and that's what it's about.)
Fitted Sheet Tent by Martha Stewart
I think my kids will love this one if they would just not touch the broom!
 Painting Rocks!  (also by Ms. Martha)
Homemade Playdough!

I'm sure there'll be more that I think of soon, but for now, these should keep us busy. Hoping to find some good projects online to do with cardboard boxes...any ideas?

If you've been following the progress on the house, we're getting there! I've finished painting the part under the front windows, and we've got our new mailbox up, after some wood repair. Joel still has quite a bit of repairing and patching up to do around the windows before we can finish that, and I need to get up on the top of the porch and scrape so we can paint the window trim up there, but I'll be sure to post pictures when it's all done!
 I hope everyone gets motivated to do some small (or big!) touch ups on their houses too! It feels good and makes the neighborhood look a little brighter too.
I'm on the lookout for one of these:
That's my next wish! In the meantime, I'll be doing some fun redecorating IN the house.

I've been spending my spare time listening to David Pawson, who is one of my favorite teachers. So encouraging, informative and just a sweet old man. Check him out if you want to be changed, educated, and convicted.  Years ago, I listened to entire 12 disc series he taught on the book of Revelation, but lately I've been going through his teachings on this website. I LOVED all the information he gave on the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus. His British accent makes him so easy to listen to, but don't listen while you're too tired, or he may just lull you into a nap. :)

Have a good day, friends! Let me know what fun projects you've been doing with your kids, and what new decorating projects you are/will be doing!



No comments: