Tuesday, January 25, 2011

for today...

Outside my window... 
 
I am thinking... that i SO love Tuesdays and Thursdays. Ro has therapy and Ash has preschool, so I spend most of the morning with just Bell. We read books, play with toys, and snuggle while we watch Elmo's World.  Such a sweet, quiet time. I love quiet. 

I am thankful for... a God who never fails. He has NEVER failed.  Do you believe that? Sometimes I go down the wrong road in my mind and start feeling like He doesn't know what He's doing, but He does and He has NEVER failed at anything.  Anything!

From the learning rooms... Ro is getting ready to start visiting Ash's preschool to prepare him for Kindergarten in the fall!! Ash is learning all sorts of songs and memory verses, and loves to tell us what colors everything is. 
 
From the kitchen...  ok we all know I don't cook much, but IN the kitchen we are going to get a new floor soon! Yeah yeah, I always talk about the changes in my kitchen but it's because the floors are currently NASTAY. Look.
that's a blue marbled-looking effect with divets and paint and scratches EVERYWHERE. from circa 1950.   
This is what the new flooring is:
i know it's a lame photo, but you get the idea
I am wearing...   some comfy clothes and my slippers. These old houses get so cold in the winter.  And my kids refuse to wear socks. Oy! But check out my sweet bluetooth phone thingy Joel got me for Christmas. Used it for the first time this morning and it was awesome! Try not to be jealous of how good I look.

I am creating... just finished this bag for my Grandma. What do you think, Grams??
and have started this one...
made with some fancy shmancy designer fabric. Will be up in the shop soon!

I am going... to enjoy a quiet afternoon with a cup of coffee, Shawn Spencer and Burton Guster (anyone?), and possibly even sew a little bit while the kiddos nap.

I am reading... my new devotional book from my friend Trish.  
 
Out of the Spin Cycle, by Jen Hatmaker. HIGHLY recommend for any mom.  Funny, real, and totally applicable to motherhood! I LOL on a regular basis while reading this, and I remember it for the rest of the day. They're nice and short entries, but clear and concise and pretty much hilarious too. I don't know how she does it, but I think I could read this one over and over.

I am hoping...  to get back into the sewing groove soon. I've been kind of slacking off, but I'd love for the excitement of creating things to return. Right now I'm mostly just sewing because I have to.  Any crafters out there know what I mean?

I am hearing... sweet, beautiful quietness. 

Around the house...  there are MegaBlocks everywhere, toys in pieces, and books scattered as far as the kitchen floor.  Laundry on the dining room table,  and food in the kitchen sink (which Joel hates. sorry honey.) Give me a break though, 4 sicks kids in one weekend is kinda rough.

One of my favorite things... is Macadamia nut cookies.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  nothing noteworthy!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Dang my kids are cute!

3 comments:

A & E said...

Hi, my name is Amber and I participated in a giveaway with Sew Mama Sew in December. I found a winner, but was unable to contact her, and so I'm giving away earrings to everyone that commented on my blog. If you would like a free pair, just email me at afetters@gmail.com. My blog is aefetters.blogspot.com.

Carlaflower said...

okay, besides the fact that I love you like nobody's business...that is EXACTLY how I spend my kids' naps. a mug of something caffeinated and some Psych (or Bones or CSI or whatever's too grody for me to watch when AnnaSophia is awake).
I love your new floor, I love your little bags, and I love your beautiful little family!(little as in age, not size...'cuz there's 6 of you!)

Lora said...

i love that picture of your three kiddos on the stairs!! precious. and look at that big grin on bella's face. adorable!