Thursday, December 23, 2010

merry christmas to you


Hi blog friends!  I hope you're all as jazzed about Christmas as I am. I have been sewing and creating like crazy this past few weeks, and haven't posted about it much, because most of the crafts are gifts. I was a bozo and didn't take any pictures before I wrapped them, too. Duh. I'll tell you about them later on. I know you are dying to know.  There are a bunch of new Buttercup bags up in the shop though. You should really go see.  But right now, I have something really important to tell you.  Are you sitting down?

It's about Jesus. Now, I know that most of you are probably aware that the reason we even have a Christmas is because of this Man's birth.  What you may have forgotten, as I sometimes do, is this:

He did it all for YOU.

God became flesh. 

Born in a stinky old manger, most likely not far from where animals lived,  and although I don't like to speculate, I think probably not far from where said animals did their bathroom business. What?! Yeah, I said it. Jesus was born into the humblest of circumstances. The KING, born in a stable, or possibly a cave, I've seen the nativity scenes both ways.  And my guess is, although He was Emmanuel, GOD WITH US, he cried, peed, pooped and maybe even spit up during his infancy.  Really, people. If you can imagine how hard life is here on this earth for us, beings who have never seen or even had the eensy-weensiest taste of heaven, remember this: Jesus can identify and HAS identified with you in every possible way. Not just his being born as a human, but during his life, the pain he suffered, and the relationships he gained and lost.

Emmanuel was born so that you could live, and live knowing His love. Whatever you've been through, and whether this holiday season finds you surrounded by loved ones, or alone in your home remembering better years, Jesus came as a baby and later died on the cross so that you would know that He indeed gave it all for you.   He has known your coming and your going, and He sees you even now, in this very moment, and is loving you with all of his huge heart. I'm crying as I write this. Sometimes I'm kind of a sap. But I'm thinking about some of you who may be reading this, and I'm praying that God would kiss your heart with this truth:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
(photo courtesy of JoysHope)

I pray that Christmas finds you finding Him, and knowing His intense, passionate, sacrificial love for you, friends. Bless you so much, and I will see you after Christmas!

1 comment:

carolyn said...

Jenn, thank you for this wonderful post about our Lord. He really does know all our trials and joys because He has been one of us. You have captured the essence of God With Us.
Lora's mom