Tuesday, July 19, 2011

busy-ness and life

We have had quite a busy week here in our house. Lots of company, family visiting, time spent outside enjoying summer, thrift store shopping, and relaxing.  I now own WAY too many pairs of almost identical skinny jeans. 
This pretty lady visited...
my gorgeous sister
as well as my other sis and mommy, on a separate visit.  I so love living close to my amazing family. We had a very relaxing time.   I can't express how much these people mean to me. Missed my other sis, bro and daddy though.

I also had decided, in light of some recent discussions Joel and I had, and some conviction from the Lord to kind of 'reset', to take a week off of blogging. We did a media fast (except for facebook, since that's house I communicate with the outside world. :)  So instead of watching Cosby while I folded laundry, I listened to a teaching. And instead of checking the one bazillion blogs I get in my reader every day, I prayed and read the Word. Oh my gosh! I didn't realize what I was missing until I went back to a scheduled, focused time with God in the mornings.  So incredibly refreshing.

It was glorious. I love doing my blog; don't get me wrong! But there is something incredibly refreshing about taking time off and just focusing on other things for a while. It kind of put my life in a clearer perspective without so many distractions.

But..I'm back now. :) I could never leave you guys forever!

I have some exciting shop news coming up soon.  I've been asking the Lord what 'my thing' is. What's my niche in the handmade community? What can I make that can encourage people, and sets my business apart from what most others are doing? Last night, Lora and I were praying together for wisdom, and we both heard back! God's good like that. Where two or more are gathered. :)

Sorry for the teaser, but you'll just have to stay tuned to find out what's next for 'Make Mine Blue'!

2 comments:

Lora said...

so proud of you for taking the week off - i know that must've been hard to do, but i also know that you'll reap lots of rewards in the spirit too! i know that i've got to do some "resetting" as well in that department. and so so excited about your new "thing" for your shop! God is so good to speak to you, my friend!

From Snowflakes To Hotcakes said...

Didn't see this til just now, but I've been doing a blog fast too, only not on purpose. LOL And I miss you too!!! Lov eyou!