Tuesday, May 10, 2011

For today...

Outside my window... it is a beautiful sunny day! There's a little chill in the air, but when in the sun, it feels glorious. I love days like this.


I am thinking...  that I just LOVE the show Monk. I've been working my way through for the second time and am in the last season. I just want to hug him. Tony Shaloub, if you are reading this, may I please hug you?

I am thankful for... my husband. I had a glorious Mothers' Day. He woke me with buttermilk pancakes from scratch with pure maple syrup, then after church, he gave me a few hours off to roam the town. Guess where I went? yep. Thrift store and Joanns. I was in heaven! Then came home, had burgers for dinner and didn't lift a finger all day.  To top it off, he got me a pot of mums. Cuz I'm a 'mum'. Love him.


From the learning rooms...  Rowan is doing fantastically (is that a word?) He loves his therapists and is talking more each day.  He has a long way to go but he has come SO far.  It really is incredible.  
 
From the kitchen...  i 'made' some cinnamon swirl bread. (from a box). But it was still yummy! And, I have a menu plan again. Feels good.

I am wearing...  Black pants and a hoody. I was dressed normally all morning and just wanted to be comfortable. Actually, I usually change as soon as I walk in the door into something that I can relax in. Ususally involves a hoody and black yoga pants.

I am creating...some key fobs and buttercup bags.  You'll see them in the shop this week!


I am going... to Charlotte!!! On Friday, for a few days. Can. Not. Wait. Pinch me.

I am reading...  rather, just finished a Lori Wick series. I love Lori Wick; she is by far my favorite Christian fiction author.  

I am hoping...  that Joel knows what a great father he is.
 
I am hearing...  Ro play upstairs with his special ed teacher. He loves it. He does so well! 

Around the house... I'm trying to keep things tidy and crumb-free. Stupid ants.

One of my favorite things... is killing ants. Killing them nice and dead.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  get ready to see my friends down south!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

2 comments:

Jessa said...

Hey Jenn! We love watching Monk too! That show cracks me up :) I also usually change into yoga pants and hoodies when I'm home! I like to be comfy! Lori Wick is a great author - have you read any Francine Rivers? She is my favorite Christian author - she writes a little more historical fiction though. Her Mark of the Lion series is my absolute favorite - you can't put it down. Hugs!

Liz Carey said...

Jenn, I am so glad that you get to go to Charlotte this weekend! Your cinnamon swirl bread wounds yummy!