Monday, November 22, 2010

Encouraged.

Just a word of caution. If you tell me that you really like my blog, I WILL tell you to comment more because I didn't know you were there, and then proceed to write a new post about how when you tell me you like my blog, I want to write another post. That's what I'm doing now. My sweet friend Aimee, whose son is Ash's preschool class, told me she thinks I'm funny.   It's ok, Aimee, you can be wrong sometimes. But her compliments did lead me to one conclusion: I like writing my blog and when you say nice things to me, I want to do it more and be even more hilarious. I make no promises though. Being hilarious is very hard! In real life, I'm not very witty. But I heart witty people, so I try to be like them sometimes.

Like this friend. She just posted a super duper funny list that if you are a mom, you HAVE to read. And if you are not a mom, you still have to read it because you will understand moms better. For reals.  I'm going to post her entry here without asking her first (sorry Carla. You know you don't care.) But you have to go to her blog and see all of the really witty things she has to say about life.

You might be a mother if:

-you get adept at picking things up with your toes so that you don't have to bend over with the baby
-you hear your husband say "you can't eat your pants, man"
-you only pee with the door shut when there's company over
-your 2-year old starts saying "I TOLD you...", "Don't touch!", and "look at me!"
-being pooped on doesn't phase you, but watching your kid stick her finger in her ear and then in her mouth makes you gag
-you have to explain to your daughter that your son doesn't have a tail because tails aren't in the front
-there are pen and crayon scribbles all over your "you might be a mother" list
-you realize you've been listening to kiddie songs for the past 20 minutes, but your kids have been asleep for 30
-you've ever had to say "that's not a bathtub, that's my left breast"
-phone conversations go something like this: "yes, I was calling-get down!-to see when you-no more juice, sweetie-were open until? Okay, thank-I said no, sweetie-thank you very much!"
-you hear a juicy burp that didn't come from your child but you check your shoulder for spit-up anyway
-uttering things like "please get your crayons out of your ears" and "petting zoos probably shouldn't have lions in them" are everyday occurrences
-you can breastfeed and cut coupons at the same time
-you open the freezer and a plastic cow falls into it because there are so many toys on top of the fridge in "time-out"
-you finally have an excuse to listen to as many Disney and Broadway songs as you want
-the phrase "don't play with his drool, please" has ever crossed your lips
-you recognize the look on a baby's face that says they're chewing on something they shouldn't have
-you watch a movie or TV show that features a newborn baby and think "pshft, that kid's 3 months old, easy"
Funny, right?! Go here now.

And by the way, Ash had his pre-school Thanksgiving play this morning. He was the best pilgrim you ever did see! Here's a photo of my boy in all his pilgrim glory: (He's leading the line behind the Mayflower)


Bye!

3 comments:

Lora said...

that pic of asher is so cute!! :)
(and i can totally relate to the third thing on that mommy list.)

Aimee Steckowski said...

& you are my sweet friend! and i LOVE your blog --- even more now because you wrote about me and spelled my name right! bravo!!!

& the only reason i popped on here tonight is to get the proper links to share with my FB peeps... and look what your topic is today!! so, from now on - i promise when i read, i will write!!

TDM Wendy said...

-you only pee with the door shut when there's company over
Sad, but true.