Tuesday, March 30, 2010

...and we're in!

I'm very happy to say that we are in our new house! I have some before pictures, but i wont be taking 'after' pictures until all the boxes are put away and the house looks like a home. We're actually over halfway done unpacking all the boxes. I know. I can't believe that either, but we just can't stand boxes being everywhere.   So come back, because the next blog post will probably be pictures!

In other news, we've had a pretty interesting past few days. I'm not sure why it all had to happen at once, but on top of moving into our new house, Asher came down with a mysterious rash. Up until yesturday, we thought it was just a bunch of flea bites. Ya know, new house, stuff was in storage, blah blah. So we sprayed, cleaned, EVERYTHING.  Next morning, he's covered in a rash. Literally, head to toe, covered. Looked like Elmo.  

So I took him to the doctor and they hospitalized him immediately. The doctor feared meningitis, since some of the rash was purple (which in my opinon, is just from itching too much, but we'll see.)  We got to the hospital and he got even more hives and rash just sitting and waiting for lab work to be taken.  He had his blood drawn, a urine sample taken, AND a spinal tap. Yes you read that right. Can you believe that?! My poor little boy.  I hope none of you ever have to do that.

He's been a real trooper.  All the cultures seem to be coming back negative but we're still waiting on a few. I'm thinking its just a virus, but Lord, it's been hard to see him hurt! He's still at the hospital with Joel, probably coming home this afternoon with antibiotics, steroids, and lots of Benadryl.  Praying he doesnt get the post-spinal-tap headache I've heard so much about. Eew.

I'm looking forward to getting settled in our new home with healthy kids who can enjoy it. Ro and Bella took the transition really great.

I'll keep you posted on the pics, and Ash's results from the tests.

For your amusement, here's a picture of what I look like after a full day and night at the hospital with no brush, toothebrush, change of clothes, or make-up.

Dont laugh too hard.

5 comments:

Michele said...

jen!! i can't believe what you have gone through this week. praise God asher is okay!!! thinking of you down here in rainy pa/ -michele

Lora said...

you're still pretty.. :)

Liz Carey said...

Jenn, I had no idea! Oh my goodness! I'm sorry about Asher, glad to hear it's just a virus and glad you're in your new house!! Yay! Sheesh, I've got to get better at staying up to date!

Anonymous said...

you are an amazing mom. wow. i love you and i'm so proud of you!!

sooz

carolyn said...

Jenn, I'm Lora's mom. She called to ask me to pray for Asher. I called one of my daughter's in law, and she agreed with me in prayer that Asher did not have meningitis. Praise God for His kindness and provision for your little boy. Hope things settle down soon and that you can get moved in your new house.

Blessings,
Carolyn